Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Reflection 2: CDK's Education Technology Place

After spending some time visiting Cyndi Danner Kuhns website it did not take me long to realize that if I have any sort of question regarding technology that chances are I will be able to find my answer there.  The website offers so many different links to information that can be incredibly useful to a teacher in any field.  Some of the blogs and links I am not yet totally sold on like how tweeting is really going to be relevant or something I am going to want to do, but there is still a lot of class left this semester leaving plenty of opportunities to sway my opinion.  One of the things I enjoyed were the videos on the main page and how they show technology being used first hand and how it can make a difference.  The video about reading we watched in class was used at Bishop elementary in Topeka last year and it significantly increased the number of books the students read and also their scores on reading for the standardized tests.  That is just one good example of how technology can be used to reach this generation of students.  I think the one thing about the site that I enjoyed the most was the fact that we have access to the blogs and links that feed the knowledge of the one leading us through this tutorial in technology.  I like the fact that the whole class and teacher can all work through the process of learning new technology together and have the same links and pages to reference. Ideally that makes the learning process easier for both student and teacher. I have a feeling that this will be a very useful site to frequent all semester long. 

No comments:

Post a Comment