Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Animoto in my Classroom

I was very impressed with the web program Animoto and how easy it is to put together a video collage of pictures and end up with a completely professional end product. I have tried doing video editing like that in the past on my own and one of my biggest struggles in doing that has always been getting the pictures to appear in sequence with the flow of the music so it was a huge relief when I found that the website does all of it for you. The beauty of Animoto is that anyone can use and do it because all you have to do is add pictures and it guides you through all of that step by step.  The only draw back I have with the website is their selection of music. I understand why they are so limited, but, it just stinks that there are so few songs to choose from and most of the songs are what I would consider terrible.  By far the best genre they offer is the Christian music because it has the best selection of good songs.  I think as far as using Animoto in my classroom I will stick to just using it as introduction to new topics that I am going to be teaching.  I think you can use the pictures to highlight the main points of what you are planning on using for your lesson. I have provided an illustration via Animoto that shows the different classes of fire and the means to put them out.


Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

As can be seen by my video, it provides a great glimpse of what I will be teaching my students to try and get them hooked or interested. After showing this they will know what to expect as far the the lesson and I will be able to build off of what I have shown. I think this is great tool and I plan on using it as often as I can in the classroom to help keep things fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment